Heated Yoga but not as you know it …..
Many of you may already have experience of Heated Yoga classes and the chances are they were heated by conventional combustion or convection methods.
Basically this means that forced air is used to heat the room and raise the temperature. This of course works, but for many it leads to an uncomfortable workout and the heat can be oppressive taking away from the quality of your practice. Some also feel nauseous and light headed and it can also lead to that feeling which is not dissimilar to being stuck in the car on a hot day with no air con – never pleasant, a bit aggravating and it might even smell a bit.
We have a solution – at Ember we will be using FAR Infrared technology to heat the studio to the required temperature between 35 -42 degrees c.
FAR Infrared is an invisible energy wave which directly heats the objects in the room not the air between and it will penetrate right through into the body so you feel the heat radiate throughout your entire being. It is very much like training directly in the heat of the sun but don’t worry there’s no harmful UVA or UVB rays to damage your skin.
We are confident that once you try it, you will love it, fill in the form on post below to receive more details but for now here’s a few additional benefits of practicing yoga with FAR Infrared heating..
1) Its better for the environment – it requires far less energy to heat the studio to the desired temperature saving valuable resources and money.
2) Its good for improving circulation which in turn increases the bodies ability to eliminate lactic / metabolites and other toxin waste products.
3) It has been shown to improve the quality of your sleep
4) It can help improve the immune system by basically creating an artificial fever state as the internal body temperature is increased. Your immune system will start to kick in and fight harmful bacteria and viruses
5) FAR Infrared can help speed up recovery time from muscle tears pulls and sprains.
6) It can burn up to 35% more calories than traditional heated yogas which in turn can aid weight loss . This is due in part to the effect FAR Infrared has on increasing enzyme activity in the digestive tract and how it boosts metabolism.
7) It is scientifically proven to improve circulation in cardiac tissue leading to a healthier heart.
8) It has been proven to have positive effects on people suffering from chronic pain conditions such as Fibromyalgia.
9) It can reduce cellulite by aiding the breakdown at a cellular level and then speeding the removal of the waste products.
10) Stretch your muscles safely to improve flexibility by working in tandem with your yoga practice.
So there we go, there are many more benefits to practising yoga in our forthcoming studio. We just wanted to highlight a few of them here.
A non-heated class; based on the 8 limbs of yoga and consisting of a series of postures combined with deep controlled breathing to purify body and mind. Prepare to be challenged physically in this traditional practice.
Beginners Warm Yoga
Gentle class focusing on the basic postures and principles of a yoga practice in a warm room . Perfect for those who have never tried yoga before or who would prefer a more gentle practice.
A slow-paced style of yoga. Typically poses are held for longer to enable the connective tissue to be lengthened and strengthened. A non-heated, candlelit class allowing the student to access the innermost parts of the mind and encouraging the free-flow of energy throughout the body. Suitable for all levels.
Candlelit Yoga and Meditation
A non-heated candlelit class comprising of a slow flow followed by a soothing meditation and relaxation. Suitable for all, this is the ultimate escape for the mind and body.
A non-heated fusion of Yoga and core conditioning incorporating deep core activation together with isometric holds to increase strength and flexibility.
Bringing High Intensity Interval Training together with Yoga to increase fitness levels, burn fat and increase metabolism, whilst simultaneously increasing flexibility, building strength and calming the mind.
IR Heated Level 1
Heated by Far-Infrared heat this class will involve connecting movement and breath , a mix of holds and flowing sequences to build strength and flexibility within the body and stillness within the mind. Perfect for all levels of ability.
IR Heated Level 2
Heated by Far Infrared heat this class will involve connecting movement and breath, a mix of holds and flowing sequences to build strength and flexibility within the body and stillness within the mind. Perfect for those who have previous experience of Yoga.
A privilige for us to have this exclusive class here at Ember. Observing the power of opposites; this is the yin to the yang of the Ashtanga sequence. Receptive, meditative and cooling; a non-heated class perfect for all levels, helping to form a stronger connection to the breath and restoring balance in your practice and off the mat.
A non-heated class; connecting movement and breath to move you from one pose to the next. A mix of sequences to build strength and flexibility within the body and stillness within the mind.